August 28, 2017
Wild Horse Inn Vanilla and Apricot Scones
By: Donna Culpepper
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, chilled
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup cream or whole milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Cut in the butter making sure not to work it too much.
- Mix in apricots.
- Whisk eggs, vanilla and milk together. Pour into dry goods, leaving just a little bit of the egg mixture leftover.
- Mix dough with a fork until combined. Turn out and knead just until dough is consistent.
- Pat into a round and brush with the leftover egg mixture. Sprinkle with sugar and cut into 6-8 pieces.
- Bake 15-18 minutes, until slightly brown on top.