August 28, 2017
Vanilla Sour Cream Coffee Cake
By: Donna Culpepper
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Blend in vanilla and sour cream until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients a bit at a time, beating until light colored and fluffy.
- Combine brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon in a small bowl. Place about half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with ½ of the nut mixture. Repeat.
- Bake for 60 minutes or so, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool, slice and serve with jam and butter.