August 28, 2017
By: Donna Culpepper
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) sweet butter, softened
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp vanilla (or rum) extract
- 1 cup shelled, chopped pecans
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease your cookie sheets.
- Cream butter and then beat in honey. Mix in extract and flour. Add pecans. Wrap and chill for at least one hour.
- Form balls by hand, about 2 teaspoons of dough each. Bake 35-40 minutes.
- When cool enough to touch, roll in powdered sugar and cool completely. Roll the cookies in powdered sugar again.
- These also make a great breakfast treat with a good cup of coffee!