August 28, 2017
By: Donna Culpepper
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 C water
- 1 C sugar
- 4-5 C rhubarb, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 C melted butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 C oatmeal
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 C flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x9 baking dish.
- Mix flour, sugar, oatmeal, cinnamon and melted butter in a bowl.
- Press 1/2 of the dry mixture into the baking dish.
- Cover with rhubarb.
- In a saucepan, heat the water, sugar, corn starch and vanilla, stirring constantly until thickening and mostly clear.
- Remove liquid from heat and pour over the rhubarb.
- Top with other 1/2 of dry mixture.
- Bake for appx 1 hour, until bubbling and nicely brown.