February 6, 2012
John's Pumpkin Pancakes
By: Erica Pratico
Does anything really beat a delicious home cooked breakfast before a day of Colorado skiing or mountain biking? Here at the Wild Horse Inn we think that breakfast really is the most important meal of the day (we are a Bed and Breakfast after all). Our guests continue to rave about John’s world famous pumpkin pancakes. Of course, we would prefer that you join us at the Inn for breakfast but here is the recipe just in case we won’t see you for a few months . . .
Serve with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and maple syrup.
John’s Pumpkin Pancakes
1 cup of all purpose flour
1 TBSP baking powder
1 1/2 TBSP brown sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ground ginger (or ginger puree)
1/2 cup whole or soy milk
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 TBSP canola oil
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Whisk wet ingredients together to break up the egg
- Add the wet to dry ingredients
- Stir until comibned and smooth
- Drop batter onto buttered hot griddle and cook until lightly bronwed and cooked through
Cook’s note: We love to serve these with a baked spiced pear on the side.