August 28, 2017
By: Donna Culpepper
- 1 baguette of herbed bread, sliced thinly
- 2 small or one large yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded provolone or swiss chesse
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp parmesan
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups cream
- 1 tsp fines herbes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Carmelize the onion slices in a bit of olive oil. Cool and chop.
- Line the bottom of the prepared pan with bread slices. Sprinkle the bread with onions, tomatoes, and cheeses.
- Whisk together eggs, cream and seasonings. Pour over the ingredients in the 9x13 pan. At this point you can cover and refrigerate the frittata overnight.
- Bake the frittata for about 1 hour, until set in the middle and slightly brown on top. Let cool for a few minutes when you remove it from the oven, then slice and serve.