August 28, 2017
Fresh Lemon Muffins
By: Donna Culpepper
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Zest of 2 lemons, grated fine
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice (it is worth the effort to squeeze these fresh each time!)
- 2 eggs
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, butter, and lemon juice.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.