August 28, 2017
Apple, Brie and Bacon Frittata
By: Donna Culpepper
- 1 baguette of dark bread or rosemary bread, sliced thinly
- 2 small, sweet apples (fuji or gala are good), peeled, cored and cut into small pieces
- 4 strips of maple bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1 small wheel of brie, rind taken off and cheese cut into 2" pieces
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups cream
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp herbs de provence
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare first four ingredients as directed and set aside.
- Line the bottom of the pan with bread slices. Sprinkle the bread with apples, bacon and brie cheese pieces.
- Whisk together eggs, cream and seasonings. Pour over the ingredients in the 9x13 pan. At this point you can cover and refrigerate the frittata overnight.
- Bake the frittata for about 1 hour, until set in the middle and slightly brown on top. Let cool for a few minutes when you remove it from the oven, then slice and serve.